Monday, September 18, 2017

Week 62

9/4/17

Well, hello al! This week was... eventful.. Basically long story short, I've been having problems with my knee when I got hit about 5 months ago in Soccer, and I will be needing an operation. I have been given an earlier release date of November 29th, which is a little less than 3 months away. if I am in too much pain, then I will get a medical release early and I will come home and get the surgery. I'm not sure how the tables will turn yet, but I hope to finish my mission as much as possible before i am finished and go home. I love Denmark, and I've seen so many people change theirs lives...There was an elder here who asked me " what kind of mission are you serving sister Quinton?! You’ve had so many crazy things happen to you!" ahha so that was funny ahha.

I've been transferred to Holbæk and I’ll be in a car area with Sister Jones who was in my MTC group.
This week(before i got transferred when i was with sister Fife in Horsens) we taught the word of wisdom to a man, and it was so cool because we got him to go down one cigarette for that day and he didn't drink either the entire day, and he was so present and  there in church it was so cool!! :) He has been trying so hard to live the word of wisdom, and you can see its starting to affect him in a positive way :) I love teaching others about the gospel and Christ :)

Something I've noticed in this process of my knee and all the things I've been doing is that as missionaries we give so much, as members too, sometimes we give so much when it's all we can do. As I've been realizing all the things going on this past few weeks with my knee and getting transferred to a car so I can last longer, I've been wondering, have I really done enough? Have I REALLY given the Lord all I can every single day? I think a lot of the time the answer we give ourselves is a question, and it is, "well, what is my all? What IS my best? “I think that depends. But if we feel satisfied with the way we have acted today, then I believe the answer is yes. One thing I learned from an elder here and one of my dear friends in the mission, he one time said, the question he asks himself every night, is "have I brought myself to Christ? Have I brought others to Christ?" if the answer is yes, then you have done a good work that day. The other piece of advice I have, (as once said to me), sometimes our best is going out, doing lots of things and spending a whole day out there, doing things that need to be done and serving and being here and there and that’s great because it’s our best. Then other days, our best is just to get out of bed and get dressed. Whichever day you are having today, I would hope that you realize, you are trying your best. If you have brought others or yourself to Christ today, then you have had a day, where the love of the Savior can reside. I would encourage all of you who do not feel as if you are doing enough, or aren't good enough, keep praying for the love of the savior, and keep trying because if we are trying, we are doing something, and something is making us move forward towards Christ.

Hope you all have a wonderful week!


One more thing:


This week we had an eating appointment with the elders, and the first thing was a the old guy who was our host brought out these drinks that looked like strawberry pieces in cream. Turns out, it was yogurt and shrimp. I was like oh crap I can’t eat shrimp.. Like the one time I did I gagged.... so like the old guy walked out for a minute, and everyone else was done of the missioners because it was just us 4 then the old man. I looked at all of them frantically and was like I can’t eat the shrimp. so the coolest elder ever, Elder Stephens grabs the cup from me and scarves it all down for me in 10 seconds before the guy came back, and he got yogurt all over his face then just casually wiped it off then the guy walked back in a few mintues later.. but it was insane crazy and funny I was so grateful!!! 
Sister Kemiella Quinton 

--

Sister Kemiella Quinton Denmark Copenhagen Mission


                                                         Sister Fife and I

                                                        My new companion Sister Jones
                                                                Fife and I
                                                                   The Odense Group


No comments:

Post a Comment