Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 14

Oct 3, 2016

This week has been crazy! We had so many awesome moments and all! A couple funny things that happened this week was that a Danish elder here who is actually serving in Zimbabwe, he leaves on Wednesday, we were talking about education and he says " Yeah well all everyone in Gymnasium does is drop out and they go own their dads kebab shops" haha. Its funny because gymnasium is like high school, but its kinda not, its a little older as well, it's between high school and college. And Kebab shops are EVERYWHERE in Denmark. They are like these burrito things with kebab meat, and all this other stuff. If you go to the right place, they are super good haha. SO that's why that quote is funny lol. 
I was also told this week by one of the Elders that I look like Felicity Smoak from the tv show Arrow because I had my glasses on.(my family says the same thing) 
I'm so lucky to serve in a district with all the amazing elders and my companion! All the Elders are closer to going home so they all have tons of experience with the language and what not. It's a good learning experience to interact with them. They are a little fun too which is good when we all have a hard mission work day and we can say a joke where we all roll in laughter for a few minutes then we are good for another week until we see each other all again haha. And all the elders have a good place in their hearts as well. They all will do great things one day. 
Another funny thing that happened this week was I was told by our recent convert Frederick that I was the biggest "mormon gangster" he had ever known. he then called me the biggest gangster ever haha. So that was fun! Last funny thing is that
 We were putting chairs away with our mission president in the church, and I didn't know what system they were doing it by because they would randomly put the chairs the oppoasite ways. So I asked and then they said it was 2 one way then the other. i was like ohhhh that makes sense and then my mission president to me goes, you can tell that the beehives never have had to stack chairs before haha. I just laughed it was so funny hhahha.  

An amazing experience I had this week was< The two elders who are Assistants to the president called me, and asked me how well I was at russian. I was very hesistant and I asked why, what they were thinking of. They said that a russian man who they had met with a lot of times was about to not meet with them anymore( he is so close and has so many awesome ideals and he really needs more help finding God in his life) and they told him that a sister was learning russian. So he decided to meet with them once more and watch a video in russian of the restoration with Joseph Smith. So they asked me to bear my testimony of Jospeh Smith. I aske them to let me call you back in an hour. I was on splits that day in another area. So we go to the librabry, I type in a couple phrases of how I actually felt about the Book of Mormon and Jospeh Smith into Google Translate because I didn't trust myself to remember all the correct conjugations and ending s since there are a lot in russian. So then I called them back and I said "okay, I'll do it!" I then worked on memorizing the words I didn't know in Russian so that my testimony would be sincere because it was from my heart and the wanted the russian man to know that. We go over there, my hands were shaking so bad since I've forgotten so much russian since I'm trying to learn a comletley different language. We watch the restoration in russian, and I understand some of it which eased my pouding heart a little bit. Then we talked for a few minutes, and then the elders asked if I'd bear my testimony. I said a few things in english first about really finding for ourselves and trusting God, then I bore my short and sweet testimony on Jospeh Smith to him. And he was like yes I know that also is true in russian. And then we had to leave early, but after that the elders said he still wanted to keep meeiing with them because he said we sisters were angels! So that was awesome! I was able to use the little russian I rememeber to help someone else feel the Love of God for him and hopefully he knows just how true this gospel is. 

Something I really loved from conference was that we don't NEED to know all things. We just need to KNOW God and know he has a plan for us. This really struck me as we really don't need to worry so much about what we don't know. We just need to know, What we know, and trust in God and have peace in our hearts. As Russell M. Nelson said, "none but saints can be happy under EVERY circumstance. We must trust in the Lord and despite our diffiuclt and hard times, he will always bring us up out of the darkness. We just need to know who HE is, and know How he is and always has been."
 We have to trust in our loving Heavenly father. I miss you all so much and I hope you enjoyed conference as much as I did! Love you all!

--
Sister Kemiella Quinton

Denmark Copenhagen Mission



                                              my mad biking skills





No comments:

Post a Comment