Thursday, October 13, 2016

Week 13

9/26/16

Hi Everyone,

This week has just been absolutely amazing! First off, we talked one of the elders in our district to not buy this horrendous suit that honestly was like the ugliest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.. So that was good we helped him not waste his money!
 Next thing that happened was we met with a lady named Lillian who isn't really following the church anymore because she is older and doesn't want to get to church because its too far away.. So she goes to the FolkeKirke that is literally 40 feet from her house instead, we were going over to visit her to help her get faith back in God, and she had made us dinner! It was so sweet that she took the time to do that for us... we luckily had only had a lightish dinner because we didn't have enough time, so we were still grateful for it... it's hard though when you're trying to squish food into your body when you're already full though.. We were literally little rolley pollies after dinner..I looked at the clock as we finished eating, and we had been sitting there eating consistently for a straight hour and 20 mintues... it was the hardest thing I've come across on the mission so far because the Danish people are VERY insistent on that you eat their food and they will get offeneded if you don't.. We just got home and laid on the floor for like 20 minutes because both of us felt so sick to our stomachs.. I'm surprised either of us didn't throw something back up with how much we had to eat.. But if that's what it takes to get into her home, then that's what we will do every time! She's such a sweet and giving lady!
We are also teaching a man named Ryan who hasn't been religious his whole life, but he really felt Mormonism was the truth. He is one of the smartest people I've ever met, and he has so many deep questions its amazing that he will let the Holy Ghost teach him through us two little 19 or 20 year olds. He is so amazing because he had to stand up for himself against all his friends when they found out that he was looking into a church, and Ryan was such a trooper because he was like" I've spent my whole life not knowing, so I'm gonna find out for real if this is the true church." He is so amazing and God really has been a huge blessing and part in his life, whether he sees it yet or doesn't see it. 
We also met with another lady named April .We have been able to help her get through some hard times, and she was so grateful for all we do and that we are able to help her find God and be more dependant on God in her life. She told us straight up in the lesson that she new the church was true, but she knew also that at the moment, she wasn't quite ready to come back, but  she loved having the Spirit with her again when we came to visit and asked us to come again.
Also, I was on splits with 2 sisters in Lyngby 2 weeks, ago, and I met a woman from New Zealand named Sarah. she grew up catholic, but hadn't talked to God since she was 14. She said she was angry with God a lot and she not happy with her life anymore. I had the opportunity to teach her the 2nd offical time that the misionaries met with her. She is an amazing woman she's about 38, and she has changed her life so much. She told me she knows that God is there now and that she wants to find him more in her life. She has been terrified to read the scriptures because she doesn't understand. But when we taught her, I had the impression to tell her about 3 Nephi 11, which is when Jesus Christ comes to visit his other children on the american continent. I start randomly in the lesson start taling to her about it and telling her how it's one of my favorite chapters and she's says, "wow I've really wanted to read more about Jesus Christ and what he did for his children!" So I told her how in the chapter the people say Hosanna and the translation of Hosanna means "Save Me Now" and she was like wow thats awesome. I left the lesson thinking I wouldn't ever see her again. She texted the sisters over that area the next day, and said, "so I read 3 Nephi 11 and I loved it! And I know I'm going to get baptized! I'm not quite ready yet, but I know i want to be baptrized now! " That chapter that the Holy Ghost promtped me to read was the first chapter she was able to read in the Book of Mormon because she was scared to read. And she said she even read the chapter after it as well! 
This past week my companion had to do training for some of the new people, so I went on splits in the Lyngby area again and that day, was the day they had scheduled to meet with Sarah and they had no idea until last mintue that I would be coming. We were able to talk with her and ask her how she was doing and all.. and she was talking about how she wanted to put her trust more in God, and again, I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me to show her a song and all of us 3 sisters  wrote down a trial we had overcome and then  when we listen to the song trust Him by Nicolas Neel, we write down all the blessings that we had gained from that expereience. It was amazing and she was like thank you that is exactly what I needed! Tt's been awesome with her, the Holy Ghost has been promtping me both times we met with her. I know it isn't an accident that day when I got to meet with her both times! God is so amazing!
I guess the moral of the story this week is to listen to the pomptings of the Holy Ghost. I heard a talk recently that was talking about what the Holy Ghost does. His jobs are to Testify, teach, comfort, and purify. We need to be the person that the Holy Ghost can reside in because there are so many people out there who have a need for what we have. We have to take the leap of faith, to press forward and GO and follow what we feel. David A. Bednar said that " We bring the Holy Ghost UNTO them, but they bring it INTO themsleves". So we need to follow those promptings and be a light to others.
Speaking of a new light, A man named Frederick got baptized this past Saturday! My compaion and I have been teaching him the past 7 weeks even though the elders found him in out area about a year ago. He's from Ghana, and it was so amazing and spiritual to watch him get baptized, and then the following Sunday he recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost. We are so proud of him and are excited to help him in his journey to become closer to God, and be a member of Gods church. I hope you all had a fantastic week, I know I did and  I hope you all stay safe there in the US! Love you All!

--
Sister Kemiella Quinton
Denmark Copenhagen Mission
                                                       stuffed from eating soooo much
                                                 Frederick From Ghana's baptism day!

No comments:

Post a Comment