Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 43

4-24-17


Hej! Hvordan går det med jer?! :)

Everything here in Denmark is amazing! Lyngby where I'm now serving is wonderful as ever! We have had to the opportunity to get someone on baptismal date, and give so many books of mormons out this week, me and my new companion just feel an insane fire that we can't explain! We are really excited to see how everything turns out this trasnfer :) we've had so many amazing experiences I  can't even explain them all! Suffice it to say,  we have several new investigators as well :)

We also had a guy let us into his house at one point when we were knocking
(it was allowed don't worry ahha) and Sister Dietch asked him if he knew who Jesus Christ was.. It sounds like a retorical quesiton, but it made sense with the questions we had asked and the way he had asnwered ahah.  But this guy had obviously known about Jesus Christ and his previous answers were way misleading, because she asked him that quesiton, and basically summed up in English, is what he said was " oh no I didn't know him, he died right before I was born...." and I had caught his joke because I was like, wait a second ahah but SIster Dietch just kept talking and was like okay! And the guy started grinning because she hadn't caught it, and he looked at me to see if I  had caught it, and I was grinning way bad too . I just kept nodding along with what she was saying it was hilarious ahah. I told her after the lesson and she was dying laughing ahha

We also had stake conference, and at one point in the saturday session, the general authority, who was speaking, made fun of his friend Jens,  in the audience, and then he said so in english, and then the danish translator said the same thing in danish, but in danish he said " Jeg Kørt lidt på Jens" and the exact translation of that is "I  drove a little on Jens" and so me and my companion just started laughing to ourselves, and the authority, had been talking to Jens who was in the audience who was like 2 rows in front of us right where we were, and he like saw us and goes " okay girls in front laugh or else I might call on you next!" and it was so funny because he didn't get it because the translation itself was way funny and it wasn't him, it was the translation to danish ahah. it was so funny and awkward ahha. but overall, it was a wonderful week! And I hope you all had a wonderful week as well!
--
Sister Kemiella Quinton
Denmark Copenhagen Mission


                                                       Beautiful Danish Money
                                                           Yes they do have Mc Donalds!
                                                             Queens chair with a K on it!!

                                                          Working hard!  ANDDD ICE CREAM

 

No comments:

Post a Comment