Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Week 44

May 1, 2017


ALl is well here! We have a lot of fun things coming up this week!

We have a baptism on Saturday for our investigator Savanna! she's technically our investigator, because we are the ones who help her and do everything for her and teach her and go over a lot, but the elders offically "teach" her so shes their investigator, but nahhh ahah. Shes getting baptized this week on Saturday  my companion and I  sister Dietch are planning it! We're way stoked!

I got to bear my testimony in my new ward here in Lyngby, and as I walked up, I saw a man who winked at me on the stand afterward  I went and sat down. Then the bishopric member announces that the first talk will be Thomas Kofod, he plays Jesus in a lot of the church films and videos, and then the guy who winked at me gets up... I had seen him once before and met him but I didn't recognize him because he was all clean shaven and had short hair and no beard.. I had a real life moment where I didn't recognize him at all , told my companion later that U was ashamed because I "hadn't recognized my Savior" lol. She thought it was funny haha. He later came up to me and told me that he like my bleached strip in the back of my hair.... I've had that for 3 years now, and its grown out a ton, but our mission president was standing right there for that conversation and I felt so bad because I had redyed it right before I  left on my missoin ahah. But its okay it works out hah. Thomas told me that he like it and how it was fresh and made me look like a Dane basically ahha. it was funny. Wow many times in life do you get to say that Jesus was in your ward? Lol
Our investigator Savanna who is getting baptized, she's getting baptized by Thomas so we all made the joke about how she was literally getting baptized by Jesus haha. Lots of constant Jesus jokes haha. He's an amazing member though! How cool to be able to play the part of Christ in movies.

All in all, its been a great week! I was on splits with the Sister training leaders this week and we were in a lesson with an inactive woman who I originally had been the one to knock on her door and ask if we could visit and talk more and she said yes, we had a lesson with Inge and the lesson was about prayer .I felt as if at the end of the lesson to share something from 3 Nephi, so instead of ending the lesson, I opened up my scriptures, and talked and testified about prayer... She just stared at me and I  could see it meant something to her it was an amazing moment! She has always been a little wishy washy about stuff, but she looked right at me and we held eye contact the whole time i talked about it and i could see she was so interested in it and was feeling happy . it was great!

anywhoo, have a wonderful week!!!!

--
Sister Kemiella Quinton
Denmark Copenhagen Mission


                                                  English and Danish boxes
                                                         My comp with a face mask

                                                          view from the 14th floor!

           A member named Emily, from Idaho , visiting Denmark for Geneolgy work spied these girls at church and texted a picture to our moms!  

No comments:

Post a Comment