Thursday, January 5, 2017

Week 27 HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Jan 2, 2017

Hey all! This week has been fantastic! I hope you all had a wonderful New Years and Christmas! Denmark knows how to celebrate holidays! First, Christmas is not 1 day but at least 4.. We have Lille Jul Aften which is little Christmas evening which is on the 23rd, then we have Jul Aften on the 24th so Christmas Eve which is their main christmas day, then we have Første Jul Dag which is First christmas day the 25th, then we have Anden Jul Dag which is the 26th and the second christmas day. its way fun! Also in all of Europe, for New years they set fireworks off for a straight 30 mintues from 12am to 12:30am and they give it all they have! It was so awesome! Everywhere you turn you saw fireworks everywhere :) People spend so much money on fireworks here its not even funny lol. People shoot fireworks everywhere in the streets, EVERYWHERE! and they aren't the small fireworks they are the big ones! We had a group of people shooting fireworks  30 feet from us the big huge fireworks, and it was so great! We ran inside once though because the thing was way too close and hitting us, but it was awesome! 

I hit my 6 month mark here on the 29th of December... Weird I'm a third of the way through my mission! That just doesn't seem right . I feel like I'm still new to all of this! I'm such an imperfect person, and I hardly know Danish to save my life! But somehow its been 6 months, I understand what's going on and by some miracle I've been able to help others in their discipleship and journey to come closer to Christ. 

Did I mention that during the missionary singing Christmas choir group I was in, when we were in Copenhagen, I got to help a lady make a bouque for her mother who was about to get married in the temple? it was wonderful! She told us we all had helped her so much. Helping makes me happy! 

Something which was heartbreaking, was we had met a girl named Carolina from "spirit finding" several weeks ago. We have gone back to her house a couple times and she wasn't there she's about 17 years old... We went the other day, and her mother told us she didnt want to talk to us and to not come back. And Carolina was standing right there and she had told her mother to tell that to us... It was so sad, because we had felt so good about Carolina! it was absolutely heart wrenching to know just how much she was missing out of and just how much Gods loves her. It was so sad! 

This week I have been thinking about just how much God is in the details of our lives... He watches over us and is always thinking of us even when we don't always think of him... A couple examples: 
we had to put money on our laundry card, and a man let us into the place even though it was closed, then he proceeded to give us 200 kroner on it for a christmas present.  Also this week, on a bike ride to an eating appointment, i said out loud to my companion how much I wanted pizza and that I really didn't want potatoes and brown sauce because we had had it for chirstmas food, for the past 4 or 5 days,... I wanted a little variety. We got to the members house with the elders, and apparently they had forgotten we were coming, and they decided to order pizza! It was so wonderful! And also this week, God watches over all of us specifically. I was in a round about on my bike, when i got hit by a car, he didn't see me as he entered the round about after me( i must have been in his blind spot). I saw him coming at me, and I slowed way down and swerved, then he came up right beside me and he finally saw me and his car hit me enough that I should have gone flying, but instead my body was leaning on the side of his car as we both were trying to stop, and he hit his breaks and I felt that I should lift my foot, so i lifted my foot off my right pedal, and right as I did, he slowed way down and my right bike pedal shattered his left front hubcap. I would have expected to have scratched or something hurt, but as we both finally stopped, I stepped off my bike and I felt completely fine and nothing was wrong at all. My heart wasn't even pounding. I know that God always watches over us and takes each of our prayers into consideration, and how he really is there to keep us out of harms way, all we need is to trust him. He is our Heavenly father. OUR FATHER... He loves us so much, and we so often don't listen to his fatherly counsel.. I would remind all of you this new year, to be aware of all he does for us, and to constantly listen for his divine guidance and direction in our lives. 


Stay safe and I hope all is well!

-- 
Sister Kemiella Quinton
Denmark Copenhagen Mission
                                                Lunch at and Asia restaurant

                                                  Binky Tree .....I DON"T  get it?

                                                      we watched Fireworks off our balcony
                                               Marzipan creations Mario Luigi and Yoshi


                                                             Best winter scarf EVER!

                                                Sister Petersen and I being weird.
                                I actually "did/ straightened my hair for the first time in MONTHS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment