Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Week 59

8-13-17

Wow this week was full of so many things i don't know where to start... 

First thing, Me and my comp ate sauce that had mold on the top of the lid because we thought it would be fine and we were hungry haha... it was worth it and we didn't get sick haha. 

Next thing, is I had the opportunity to go down to Odense where i served for 6 months, for a baptism of an investigator i taught for 6 months! His name is Thorbjørn and it was so great! But first, me and my old companion Sister Whitlock got on the same train and did splits so we could go down,(we were together for 3 transfers in Odense) and so we went to see a  family that we had taught a tiny bit. Their names are Signe, Sebastiana and their 2 kids Astrid and Axel. Astrid shares a birthday with me so we took a birthday gift to her as well. We went over and they were expecting us, we talked, laughed, talked about why we don’t drink alcohol or coffee, and drank herbal tea together and ate cinnamon rolls together then they made us dinner! It was so great! Sebastian lived in Moscow and Saint Petersburg in Russia for a while and he speaks Russian so he asked me if I knew the Russian birthday song with the crocodile and I was like yes i do! SO he sang it and I hummed the tune because i couldn't remember the words (Danish has flooded in hhaha) . But it was great! They are the cutest family ever"! 

 We went to Thorbjærns baptism, we walked in to see him and he was so surprised but excited to see us! Then we go upstairs to sit down, and we see another investigator who I taught for 3 months before I left (me and Sister Whitlock had knocked into her) and she (Rikke) has a baptismal date for the 16th of September! So everything is going so great!!! Then the baptism happened, and when he walked in to the font >Thorbjørn was breathing so hard he was so nervous! i actually got way teary eyed when he went down in to the water which is weird because I'm not emotional haha. it was great. Then when he walked back in after he had changed clothes, he was wearing a SUIT! a nice European tailored suit it was so awesome!!! I was so proud he looked like a Mormon :) haha. After the whole service, i went up to him and told him congratulations, and he told me that the first time he had really felt the Holy Ghost was the last Sunday I was in the ward I had been serving in (when i sang)  for Easter. ( i sounded so terrible that day) but i remembered when he told me that, i instantly remembered . That day i had been praying so hard as he was sitting next to me to feel something, that he would receive an answer and FEEL the holy ghost. and it was awesome to see 4 1/2 months later, to see and recognize that answer to prayer. Then later, my old companion, Sister Downs, came up to me and she said, "you know that letter you wrote to him and you left it in his mailbox when you left about your testimony and whatever else it said? He has told us so many times that that letter was when it really changed for him. That helped him really see it was time to change" and that made me feel so grateful for the opportunity i had to teach Thorbjørn! I'm so glad my testimony and honesty was felt in the letter and in the song I sang. It wasn't me, but I'm grateful God worked through me to help Thorbjørn :)  Then after that evening (the baptismal service and snacks) my old comp and I played a song i wrote called the "Master carpenter", and he loved it! He was like you wrote that?! then the last thing was I was writing in his baptismal memory book for the day, he came and sat next to me and told me, hey I'm still writing a letter response to your letter you gave me... I've rewrote it like 5 times but I'm gonna give you a response back.. I thought it was the coolest things to have someone say that to me!!! :) all in all, it was a great experience and I'm so excited to keep hearing about his story and adventures on his conversion to God :)...  

The last fun adventure we had, was we went on Strøget( a big outdoor shopping center in the middle of Copenhagen) and we had 2 groups of like 10 missionaries each and we tried getting people to read a page from the book of Mormon and they could take a free book if they wanted, and we also had pamphlets, and it was so cool! It was awesome to see the results and see what people thought. 

All in all, the week was fantastic!  i hope the missionary work is doing great where all of you are as well. Love you all! Stay amazing! 

-- 
Sister Kemiella Quinton

Denmark Copenhagen Mission

                                              At Jennifer and Malenes house
                                                  Boat Tour

             boat tour with Sister Landeen Smith Matheson me and elder Logan Jensen and Mckinnon
                                                 FHE at Malene and Jennifers
                                                          Rikke and Sis Whitlock


                                                                  Konstantine

No comments:

Post a Comment