Saturday, July 1, 2017

Week 52

June 26,2017     KEMIELLAS BIRTHDAY  HAPPY 20th!!!

Hey Everyone!!
This week has been wonderful! P day last week we met up with our district and we went to a park behind the Maglegårds alle church Building and played ultimate Frisbee (which apparently I’m really good at, which I didn't know) and got some ice cream together! My comp and I stayed down there because we had 2 appointments close by.  Our eating appointment cancelled at the last minute, so we changed into our nice Sunday clothes, then our member for our lesson was meeting at the church so we waited for our appointment, but he never showed, At this point we hadn't gotten to eat dinner, so we went over to grab a bite to eat of ice cream and pizza . We all were starving and  it was way late we all hadn't really eaten almost since breakfast. it was great though! I wish we would've been able to meet with the investigators, but we did our best!
 The 24th of June was what we call Sankt Hans Dag which is in the old days they used to burn witches and what not but they still celebrate the day today. They obviously don't burn witches now though ahha. They do have huge bonfires here in Denmark.

Also, when I first got to Denmark, the Assistants to the president were in Frederiksberg Ward, but now this transfer they are actually now in our Ward. So their area is now Ordrup which is way weird since they've been in Frederiksberg Ward a long time! Crazy but its way sweet! They're really busy which is hard, but it will work out as well! We got their backs if they ever need it!

Something I heard today in church. The person drew a ladder on the board. They labeled it the "lord’s ladder" and our way back to God. And then they posed the question "Which step is the most important step to God? The baptism? the celestial marriage? Whatever the steps were labeled, what is the most important step? " and the answer was, the most important step is the NEXT step. That is our most important step. Our NEXT step to God is the one we should focus on to be better. I really liked that and thought that was great because we sometimes aren’t sure what our NEXT step is, but every Little small act of discipleship is a step towards God and can become a burning flame! So as long as we focus on our NEXT step, even if sometimes we don't know what it is, just keep moving forward and have faith :)

Stay amazing!  I hit my year mark in 3 days isn't that crazy? I can't believe I've been out for a year, (11 months actually in Denmark.) Crazy how time flies!



--
Sister Kemiella Quinton
Denmark Copenhagen Mission

One more thing:
So at the apartment I'm living in in Lyngby right now, they have not had a mail key because my trainer (she was trained here) lost the key A YEAR AGO!  So I  called around, and I got a new Lock and 2 new keys by just making 2 phone calls, and talking to a wife, of a couple serving here as well' for 5 minutes about it. I was pretty happy haha. The way everyone was getting mail was just by grabbing it with their hands through the Little tiny hole it was horrendous but I was like no more haha. So I got a key :) proud self moment. 


Another thing: 
There was a family in Odense where I last served. Sister Whitlock and I taught them, and their little girl shares a birthday with me. We got an email this past week asking if we wanted to come and celebrate with them! We were so sad because since I’m in Copenhagen I can’t! I even asked our mission president just to be sure that there was no possible way to make it down there. I was so sad! They are the sweetest family ever, and I miss them so much! I told them I loved them all and that I hoped their 9 year old daughter a happy birthday! It was so sad! I even sent a picture to them of me with a Happy Birthday sign :) it was heartbreaking to tell them we couldn’t go! I have some missionaries taking over a birthday present for me this week, hope that all works out! 

                                                Gorgeous Roses by a members apt. door
                        Sankt Hans Aften - huge bons fires like they used to use to burn witches
                                      the  unlit is below Sister Barney is next to it

                                                      koldskål (sour mik and cookies)
                                              Santray and Us_ Ice cream BEFORE dinner
                           Kathryn And Mads Frost- Members she's American he's Danish



No comments:

Post a Comment