Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Week 7

Aug 15, 2016

Hey all! This week has been a whirlwind! SO many things happened I honestly don't remember most of them! We had a lot go on though. One of the sisters on the way to Denmark got really sick the whole day so I took care of her, while she was sick. We all made it in one piece! Denmark is beautiful! It's like Mount Vernon except it rains randomly every single day, its also sunny every single day, and its windy like Rexburg Idaho! lol but its great it's like home so its nice. 
My companion is Sister McArthur she has been here for about 7 months or so. She's from Pleasant Grove Utah! We are actually the closest sisters in the city.  We're literally in the city almost in the center. We opened a new area here our area is Rødovre. Our ward is awesome we actually have 8 missionaries all together in our ward which is crazy! They are all elders except me and my companion ahha. But its fun we enjoy our district! 
Denmark has been treating me well with pastries and people and all good things! I might be a little more round by the time I get home, but all will be well! 

A couple random things that happned this week, is that my companion and I were straining noodles into our kitchen sink, and our fire alarm is right above the sink... and uhhh we might have set it off! So Sister McArthur jumps up on the counter and shuts it off, then it keeps doing like a warning beep once every minute or so.. we took it off the wall, tried to make it quiet, and it wouldn't, but about an hour later it was quiet again! So that was fun lol Dinner was still good haha. 
Also this week we went ot visit a lady in our ward named Tina and she is so sweet! She is looking out for us and she keeps track of all 4 companionships of missionaries and our calendars which is very helpful! 
I had the opportunity to ride my companions bike this week for splits because she is the sister training leader for the other zone, and I did quite well I was proud of myself! I'm am extremely happy that the bikes here have foot brakes haha I can't tell you how beyond excited I am!. 
Also this week our first day, we were able to see the original Kristus! If you don't know what that is, in every visitors center of the church there is the statue of Christ with the marks in his hands and what not. We got to see the original in a cathedral church here. So coool!  
Also this week we had a dinner appointment with a family on Sunday with 2 other elders, and we have heard that we need to be really careful when we eat there because aparently they go through the food in the dumpster to use for some things(I feel really sad for them). Anyways so we go to this house, the old couple was so sweet and all and they were so kind and loving! Granted yes, I could tell some of the food was not from a fridge, and we stayed away from that part, but it ended up being a good dinner! They are very generous to have us over. The couple actually gave us a plant so that we could make our apartment more "homey" since its a little spacious since there was only ,other missionaries for like 1 month before... We don't have like any pots or pans really but we will make it work! The Lord provides for those that are faithful and are serving him always! It will all work out! Back to the plant yeah so we got the plant and the two elders that were there were trying really hard not to laugh... But they're just young teenage boys and probably jealous ayways. lol. 

If you ever come to Denmark, make sure you eat the pastries because they are so delicious! Goodness this week has been so fast! 
Something awesome this week is there is a man here who the elders have visited a while ago, and he is so ready to be baptized he is so ready to commit and he has such strong faith but he has a smoking problem so we are trying to work with him and all and hopefully he will be ready to be baptized on the date we have for him which is at the end of september! 
The language here is coming, I really honestly dont understand much that is going on because everyone talks so fast but I know eventually  it will come! 
I'm so excited to be able to speake and understand some day though! I understand some parts, but most days I just smile and look nice while my poor companion teaches. All will be well though. 
 hope you alll have a fantstic week and just know i'm praying for you and are wishing you all well in the US!

--
Sister Kemiella Quinton
Denmark Copenhagen Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center


                                                               Danish Pastry
                                                            Fire Alarm?
                                                               Original Christus
                                                              Plant from the Faily family

No comments:

Post a Comment